4.05.2011

Powerless to speculate

      Have you ever felt like you are powerless to speculate? What can cause such helplessness? Is it mental powerlessness? Or is it pysical tiredness, for example after a hard training you can not deal with a problem? I believe it is mental incapacity in case of a difficult, insolvable problem.
      I think the last situation when I was really powerless to speculate was on my 19. birthday. I got my favourite cake with candles. It's all right. But why got I a marzipan witch???? It was really funny, because every time I have my birthday, I get a marzipan rabbit, because I'm a bunny-fan! But in this case, I tried to devise, why my parents gave me a witch. It was impossible to get the reason.
      Finally I tried to gouge the reason out my father, and he said: "This time we started to search for something for you too late, but that was the last nice marzipan in the confectionery." That was the reason. I think I couldn't have found out this, but it was still nice of them, to search for something cute! It became really funny, but I loved it.
     In your opinion what other situations can be possible to mention as a case when you powerless to speulate?


 

7 comments:

  1. Once we were at Két Szekér, in Kozármisleny, which is a hostel, because we had a performance (you know I danced for a while in the past.) When we have finished, the guy who ran the show introduced us to the audience. We had to go onto the stage again and bow. While the audience was applausing, the guy with the microphone brought onto the stage a big puppet witch and wanted to give it to my partner as a gift to express his thanks to us for the performance. My dance partner said that I deserved the witch so the guy gave it to me. I don't say that I didn't understand the hint. I did! And hey.. it wasn't nice of him...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it was a joke from your partner or just the present was important and not its form. :)
    You wrote that you had understood that hint. Have you ever faced something that you couldn't understand anyway you would have liked to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't remember properly, but I think it happened to me. I'm not smart enough to always understand everything. :D But in these cases I just smile and quickly change the topic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am certainly _not_ powerless to speculate how good this post is, Vio! Quite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whenever someone offers me a beer I'm powerless to speculate. You may try that on the 'Szakest' next week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely agree with Benedek :D

    ReplyDelete